Permanent Residence For Noncitizens With Extraordinary Abilities

A foreign national can be eligible to receive an EB-1 visa – or first-preference visa – to permanently live in the U.S. Eligible individuals include business people, athletes, scientists, artists or individuals in a profession related to education with extraordinary abilities.

Individuals must prove they meet the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) listed criteria. Our attorneys at, in Royal Oak, are proud to serve professionals who wish to live in the U.S. and are eligible for an EB-1 visa. We develop highly customized legal solutions and strategies to make their goal of living and working in the U.S. a reality.

Learning If You Are Eligible

After an in-depth analysis and review of your situation, our attorneys will be upfront in discussing whether you are a potential candidate. In order to do so, we will go in-depth through the USCIS eligibility criteria, and your current migratory situation, among other related criteria.

USCIS eligibility criteria include but is not limited to providing evidence of the following:

  • National or international acclaim due to extraordinary abilities in their field of competence or a one-time achievement such as a Nobel prize or Olympic medal
  • Major and ground-breaking contributions in their field, including scientific advances or academic contributions
  • Work as an executive manager or key role for a prestigious business and the impact achieved in terms of success
  • Artistic work exhibited and the individual’s commercial success

You must provide documented evidence of your work to support your claims of achievement. Eligibility criteria may be complex, but we are ready to assist you through each stage of the process.

What Does The Process Look Like?

If you qualify under the extraordinary ability category, we can assist you in filing a Form I-140. You do not need a labor certificate to apply. If you are an outstanding academic, researcher, manager or executive, your employer should demonstrate their ability to pay your offered wage and fill out the Form I-140. Your nuclear family and unmarried childer under 21 years of age are also eligible to obtain a visa upon acceptance of your petition.

Are You An Eligible Candidate?

Call our Michigan office at 248-800-2544 or send us an email. Schedule an appointment with our skilled and reliable attorneys to discuss your options.