Obtaining Legal Residency To Work In The U.S.

Gaining permanent employment-based legal residency in the U.S. is a two-step process. You must first obtain an employment-based visa such as an E-1 visa, E-2 visa or EB-1 visa. Having secured that, you must then file Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, commonly referred to as a “green card” application.

Many obstacles lie in the path toward green card status. The U.S. immigration system is complex, and if you make a mistake when filing a document, this could result in delays or even outright rejection of your visa or green card application.

At ImmigrationLegal.org, we help people living in the U.S. and outside the country obtain legal residency status in the U.S. We are experienced and highly knowledgeable in this complex area of law. We work hard to achieve our clients’ immigration goals as quickly and efficiently as possible.

To learn more about the green card process and how we can help you, contact our employment-based green card lawyers.

Royal Oak Immigration Attorneys

Our firm can review your situation and explain your options. As experienced immigration attorneys, we can prepare your visa application, if necessary. We can also prepare the I-485 application and supporting documents, and shepherd your case through the U.S. immigration maze. Our firm takes care when preparing and filing all documents, to ensure that mistakes do not hold up or block green card applications.

ImmigrationLegal.org represents people already living in the U.S., and we also provide consular processing services for people living abroad.

After You Receive Your Green Card

Our firm can also assist you after your green card is issued. It must be renewed every 10 years, and we can help you address any issues that stand in the way of its renewal. The existence of an arrest, outstanding warrant or criminal conviction can put your legal immigration status at risk. ImmigrationLegal.org can work with your attorney or refer you to a qualified defense attorney with the goal of resolving the problem in a way that preserves your immigration options. We can also provide advice to protect your green card status if you plan to travel outside the U.S.

Contact Our Firm

Contact ImmigrationLegal.org for a consultation with our Royal Oak green card lawyers either by email or by phone at 248-800-2544. We serve clients throughout Michigan, in other states and abroad.