Experienced Michigan Professional Immigration Lawyers

Professionals throughout the world can seek permanent residency or temporary worker status visas to work at a college or university in the United States. The Royal Oak, Michigan-based law firm of ImmigrationLegal.org offers the skilled immigration advice and assistance you need to effectively apply for the necessary work permit or green card.

Employment-Based Green Cards for University Professionals

A maximum number of employment-based green cards are awarded to applicants each year and certain categories can require labor certification. Our immigration attorneys will help you choose the professional immigration classification that best suits your needs and goals:

  • EB-1 Priority Worker – permanent residence through EB-1 green cards for professors, researchers and other professionals can help avoid long waits in other types ofemployment-based immigration categories and does not require labor certification
  • EB -2 Professionals with Advanced Degrees – university-level professionals in countries that are over-subscribed for U.S. immigration often choose this classification due to shortened processing times over EB3s
  • EB -3 Skilled/Professional Workers – eligibility requirements, I-140 concurrent filing, and waivers for certain occupation shortages in the U.S. can be easier than other EB categories, processing delays are common

Our full-service immigration firm also assists university staff in keeping track of their foreign staff’s immigration status. We can help amend visas for position changes, employees who have left the country and fallen out of status, and sponsoring green cards during hiring freezes. Whatever your professional immigration needs entail, we can help.

Call ImmigrationLegal.org

If you seek professional immigration or skilled worker status to work at a U.S. college or university, contact the experienced immigration lawyers at our firm by phone at 248-800-2544 or by e-mail. We promptly return after-hours calls and provide interpreters for clients speaking other languages.